Replace Your Air Filter!
In millions of American households, an epidemic is taking place. People have stayed quiet about it for far too long. Now is the time for this deadly secret to be unmasked. Yes, we’re talking about (gasp) dirty air filters. Don’t let the naysayers fool you. Anyone who says dirty air filters aren’t a problem are part of the problem.
Don’t believe us? Here’s how dirty air filters are ruining households.
- They make allergies worse. Air filters are supposed to trap irritants like pollen and dander. When air filters get clogged with debris, they can’t do their job. The allergens get circulated throughout your house and into your lungs.
- They’re raising your bills. When a filter is clogged, the HVAC system is forced to work twice as hard to heat and cool your home. This requires more electricity to be consumed. You’ll end up paying much more than you need to on your utilities.
- They’re hurting your equipment. Clogged air filters decrease your HVAC’s longevity, since they cause it to overwork. Clogs can cause all sorts of system failures, such as short circuiting.
- They’re destroying the environment. Air conditioners are usually the biggest energy consumers in your household. Add a clogged filter, and they consume even more. Clogged air filters highly contribute to extra carbon emissions every year.
Horrible, right? That’s why the EPA (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency) recommends changing your filter at least once every three months. You’ll receive plenty of benefits, including these four:
1. High indoor air quality (IAQ)
By changing your filter consistently, the air you breathe is much higher quality. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the indoor air we breathe can be up to five times more polluted than outdoor air. By being diligent, you are protecting yourself and other household members from poor air.
2. Longer-lasting HVAC system
Dirty air filters are the number one cause of system failures. Replacing your air filter is the easiest way to prevent one. If you keep up with replacements, your HVAC system could last you up to 15 years!
3. Money savings
Clean air filters keep your system running. They protect the internal parts from failing and keep your electricity bill as low as possible By purchasing air filters, you protect yourself from costly repairs, replacements, and monthly payments.
4. Lower carbon footprint
When you replace your air filter, your system can function without unnecessary energy consumption. If you stick to the routine, you’ll make a real difference in the world.
This public service announcement has been brought to you by Walker Air Conditioning & Heating of Mesquite, TX. If you have any questions, or want to schedule a repair or an installation, please call and talk with one of our Walker Air Conditioning & Heating team members at 972-492-5537.
Need HVAC Service?
Contact the experts!