The York® commitment to building quality home comfort products has a long story behind it — over 135 years long, in fact. In 1874, a manufacturing company in York, Pennsylvania, began making ice machines as an alternative to shipping ice from the Great Lakes. The company — known as “York” — soon extended their expertise in refrigeration into other areas:
- In 1914, York installed in the Empire Theater in Montgomery, Alabama, a revolutionary comfort system called “air washing,” which eventually became known as air conditioning.
- In 1924, York® equipment was used to create the world’s first air-conditioned office building in Fresno, California.
- Today, York® products are heating and cooling some of the world’s most famous structures, including the Empire State Building, the English Chunnel, U.S. Capitol building and the Sydney Opera House.
Over the years, thousands of York® Dealers have installed that same York® quality in millions of homes throughout North America. Their training in proper installation and service ensure that you get unsurpassed comfort to improve the quality of your life.
In 2006, York became a brand of Johnson Controls — a Fortune 100 company that’s a world leader in building efficiency. With resources like that, we continue to put a lot of effort into building the kind of products with features our customers want:
- High energy efficiency that reduces utility bills.
- Quiet operation to avoid annoying your family and your neighbors.
- Space efficient size that doesn’t crowd your living space.
- Attractive design that complements your home.
- Easy-access panels that make maintenance easy.
Then our products undergo performance and reliability testing that is unmatched in our industry. You’ll find that same commitment to quality in your York® Contractor. They’re professionals you can trust, because they’re committed to being the best.